The cheese in our Lunch Bundle is vegetarian! It is made with microbial rennet, not animal rennet. Microbial rennet can be produced by fermentation of a fungus or from healthy bacteria. If you are vegetarian, look for cheese made with microbial rennet or made with rennet derived from plants. Typically, plant-based rennet for cheese comes from thistle.
Articles in this section
- What is your Gluten-Free testing protocol for your Lunch Bundles?
- Lunch Bundle Superfood Recall in October 2017
- Vegetarian Cheese
- Hormone-free Cheese
- Why did you create Lunch Bundles?
- Where do your ingredients come from?
- What about Gluten?
- Are there any food allergens in Lunch Bundles?
- May I make suggestions for kit items or entire kits?